SURVEY ON THE FUTURE OF MICHIGAN AL-ANON STATE CONVENTIONS.
- Please find the MIAFG Convention Feasibility Survey URL below.
- The purpose of this survey is to understand MIAFG member preferences regarding the future of the annual state convention.
- The results of this survey will not affect the 2021 MIAFG Convention.
- This survey will be available until May 16, 2020.
- Thank you in advance for your participation and input. Please complete our survey at this link: https://tinyurl.com/miafgconvention
COVID RELATED CANCELLED EVENTS:
- CANCELLED: Michigan State Al-anon Convention/Bay City, MI, May 1 – 3, 2020.
- CANCELLED: Alcoholic’s Anonymous International Convention, July 2 – 5, 2020.
SAVE THE DATE!!!
- JUNE 13, 2020: AWSC/SPRING ASSEMBLY VIA ZOOM
- 8:45 A.M. – 4 P.M. ET
- Zoom ID: 313 770 3505 Password: Grateful1, or via conference bridge: Phone # 1-408-638-0968 Password: 028582
Saturday, October 10, 2020 9:00 am Michigan AFG Fall Assembly
- When: Sat, October 10, 2020, 9am – 3pm;
- Where: Church of Christ, 1075 W Monroe Rd, St Louis, MI 48880, USA (map);
- Description: All GR’s can vote at this state level meeting and are encouraged to attend or send someone else to represent your meeting. Area officers are elected at this meeting.
- Registration opens at 9:00AM;
- New GR orientation begins at 9:40 AM, and the Assembly starts at 10:00 AM.
- There is a $7 fee that includes continental breakfast and lunch. Attendance is free for Alateens. Park in the front lot.
- CLOSED: This meeting of Al-Anon is closed to the public. Closed meetings are for anyone whose personal life is or has been deeply affected by close contact with a problem drinker. If you are interested in Al-Anon/Alateen or wish to observe as a student or professional, we welcome you to attend one of our meetings designated as ‘open’.
Saturday, November 14, 2020 at 9:40 am ET, Area World Service Committee (AWSC) Meeting
- When: November 14, 2020, 9:40am – 3:10p
- Where: 1075 W Monroe Rd, St. Louis, MI 48880, USA (map)
- Description: This is the Area Level Group Conscience that determines the agenda for Assembly. All are welcome to participate, so feel free to announce this meeting at your group meetings.
- Our meeting starts at 10:00 am (New District Rep Orientation is at 9:40 am)
- All Board Members and Area Coordinators are requested to submit a report of what they have been working on since the last meeting, at least a week prior to allow groups to review the information prior to our meeting. (Delegate, Alt Delegate, Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Literature, Web, Tech, Newsletter, Group Records, Forum, Alateen and Public Outreach).
- Please check the Google Drive for currently submitted reports. The reports are added to the drive as they are received (even after the meeting is held).
- Don’t forget to bring a dish to pass and get ready for a great day! I can’t wait to see everyone!
- WHO: District Representatives, Area Coordinators, Past Delegates, AIS/LDC Liaisons, and Elected Officers.
- EVERY MEMBER IS WELCOME AND HAS A VOICE!!
- WHAT: Area World Service Committee (AWSC) Meeting Determines the agenda for Assembly.
- Topics Include:
- Board and Coordinator Reports
- Al-Anon State Conventions
- Review the Knowledge Based Decision Making guidance
- Policy/Guideline Committee Report
- AWSC Insurance Task Force
- District Happenings (get great ideas for your district here!)
- AWSC Member Concerns/Solutions (get solutions to issues in your district here!)
- From the Box (read submissions and discuss status of old submissions)
- WHERE: Church of Christ
- 1075 West Monroe Rd., St. Louis, MI 48880
- Phone: 989-681-2524
- * Park in back of church *